All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 21-06-2006, 11:00 PM

blinky is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb ORB and Nokia N80

Hi to all,
Can someone please clarify this before i start going into a rage about this potentially wonderfull bit of software.

Does the media present on your pc have to be in real video and real audio formats to play correctly on the n80?, or does it get transcoded regardless?

If the second statement is true then i keep getting 'disconected.Try connecting again?' message. I have followed the advice regarding setting real player to your current wifi connection and the test orb streams (video and audio) work fine. The tools option is set to real player and 3gp

I am currently on orange (uk) and my firmware rev is v3.0614.0.3
I am using a netgear router if thats any help

Somebody please help!!

tia mark

Old 22-06-2006, 12:57 AM

_Dx_ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinky
Hi to all,
Can someone please clarify this before i start going into a rage about this potentially wonderfull bit of software.

Does the media present on your pc have to be in real video and real audio formats to play correctly on the n80?, or does it get transcoded regardless?

If the second statement is true then i keep getting 'disconected.Try connecting again?' message. I have followed the advice regarding setting real player to your current wifi connection and the test orb streams (video and audio) work fine. The tools option is set to real player and 3gp

I am currently on orange (uk) and my firmware rev is v3.0614.0.3
I am using a netgear router if thats any help

Somebody please help!!

tia mark
It gets transcoded by itself

I used to have this problem too, it got solved when i did the upgrade

just follow this guide http://nokia.dx360.net

this will solve the problem

Old 22-06-2006, 04:48 PM

blinky is on a distinguished road
Thanks dx,

Old 10-07-2006, 07:48 PM

bargey is on a distinguished road
HI, did that work for you, it just looks a bit scarey??

I too have the same the firmware version, the test streams work and I can view pictures. It also streams in 3gp, but the quality is crap.....

I am pulling my hair out and the phone will very soon make contact with the wall, so any help will be greatly appreciated....

Thanks in advance......
Ads

Old 10-07-2006, 08:44 PM

rothmanns is on a distinguished road
i also have the old firmware.... never made it stream on realmedia but using 3gp as prefered...well... still gives bragging rights viewing cable channels wirelessly...

Old 10-07-2006, 08:59 PM

Cash is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothmanns
i also have the old firmware.... never made it stream on realmedia but using 3gp as prefered...well... still gives bragging rights viewing cable channels wirelessly...
haha ..my mates cant believe when I start streaming live TV ..they first thought it was recorded, untill one of them put his TV on to check

Old 10-07-2006, 09:06 PM

rothmanns is on a distinguished road
true.... had that experience a dozen times...they're so amazed with the phone but whats really amazing is orb.... and BTW, im from the philippines and my sister lives in florida... i was able to stream a local boxing match of manny pacquiao to her PC....no need for her to buy pay per view credits... simply amazing...

Old 05-07-2007, 06:32 AM

kuci23 is on a distinguished road
need help with my n80 and orb

ok so my cousin found out about orb and how great it is so he put me on it..i have the nokia n80 and i can see the pics from orb but when it comes to mp3 and videos it does not play..please some1 has got 2 help me i am goin creazy..

Old 05-07-2007, 12:36 PM

Cash is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuci23 View Post
ok so my cousin found out about orb and how great it is so he put me on it..i have the nokia n80 and i can see the pics from orb but when it comes to mp3 and videos it does not play..please some1 has got 2 help me i am goin creazy..
Make sure you have latest firmware

and in real player settings you have to first set the access point, you have to do this everytime you are using a new access point, dont ask me why .. its just the way it is.