All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 21-07-2008, 08:39 AM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
The Nokia E66 - Business, Multimedia and conclusions

In the second and final part of Rafe's definitive review of the new Nokia E66, he looks at the device's business credentials and multimedia capabilities, before wrapping things up with the AAS verdict. See also part 1 of his E66 review.

Read on in the full article.

Old 21-07-2008, 10:33 AM
Unregistered

Amazing photos...where do you go to click your photos??? :-)

Old 21-07-2008, 10:55 AM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
All of those were taken on various dog walks. Taking interesting photos for a review is much easier when you have a dog.

Old 21-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

speakers

forget mono or stereo, one thing that i haven't got the answer to is the loudness of speakers. how loud are the speakers for ringtones and text alerts?

i have seen that with every new device the loudness gets lower and lower. my 6670 was much louder than my E51. if i am just outside the room i sometimes fail to hear call and text alerts. that's partly because they always put pathetic speakers in Eseries but mostly because the speakers are on the back.

E66 speakers are also on the back. so the elusive question is, how do they compare to E51 speakers?

Old 21-07-2008, 09:12 PM

abruenin is on a distinguished road
are there any differences between the E71 and the E66, exept for the form factor? Is the software the same?

thanks
Ads

Old 22-07-2008, 09:44 AM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
E66 speakers are also on the back. so the elusive question is, how do they compare to E51 speakers?
I would say they are in the middle range as far as speaker go. Maybe around the same as the E51 - though location does have an impact. They were good enough for me. I didn't have the volume turned all the way up which should tell you something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abruenin View Post
are there any differences between the E71 and the E66, exept for the form factor? Is the software the same?

thanks
No not really. The E66 can operate in both portrait and landscape mode (thanks to the accelerometer). The E71 does not have this. That aside software appears to be identical. There are a few differences in settings (e.g. E66 has slider control settings).

Old 22-07-2008, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

How is camera of E66 compared to E71??? Both are same or E66 is better and especially video recording...? Autofocus is activated by the dedicated camera-button like in E90 or is it different as E71???

E66 has StereoFM radio as well, or not???

Am I missing something???

Old 25-07-2008, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

How is the battery life of E66 compared to E65 ??

Old 25-07-2008, 02:58 PM
Founder / Chief

Its a while since I used the E65 extensively. It has a 950 mAh battery (the E66 has a 1000 mAh battery). The E66 has a bigger screen though.

The thing is the E66 has more functions so you will probably use it more... but broadly speaking they seem to be quite similar.

Old 25-07-2008, 07:46 PM

abruenin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No not really. The E66 can operate in both portrait and landscape mode (thanks to the accelerometer). The E71 does not have this. That aside software appears to be identical. There are a few differences in settings (e.g. E66 has slider control settings).
I read, that the E66 has the music player from the N-Series. Does the E71 have it also?

Old 28-07-2008, 12:06 AM
XNeo

GPS reception?

Hi & thanks for the great review.

Is the reception quality of the GPS better than that of older S60 models (N95 8GB, N82, ...)? Has the long startup time to first GPS fix been addressed?

Old 28-07-2008, 11:23 AM
Founder / Chief

Yes to the E71 Music player.

GPS reception is good, the aerial is at the top of the device (better than N95 classic). It is similar to the N82 I'd say. However A-GPS is now standard and works out of the box (which when launched the N82 did not) and this should mean most lock on times are under 30 seconds (and for me was usually less than 5).

Old 28-07-2008, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

bartmanekul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe View Post

However A-GPS is now standard and works out of the box (which when launched the N82 did not)
Maybe, on phones from networks Im constantly finding what seems like random garbage in the positioning server address, rather than the supl.nokia.com one.

These odd ones definetly do not work, as changing it makes the lock on seconds as opposed to minutes.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

Any purple tinge on the camera?

The E71 photos have a purple tinge to them. Does the E66 photos have it as well ?

Old 17-08-2008, 08:10 AM
Unregistered

help

no matter what i do i still cant ( turn to silence ) or ( tap to silence) would u plz tell me how active them, i triad from tones and they are one, but nothing happen