All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 10-05-2010, 08:43 AM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
AAS Insight #117: Industry figures for Q1 2010 and new catchup

In Insight 117, Rafe and Steve talk over the latest industry Q1 2010 figures and other news items, including the newly-arrived Nokia 6700 slide, Own Voice for Ovi Maps release, the new Qt SDK releases, Ovi Store adverts, Microsoft Communicator for Mobile and we cover the plethora of App Wizard widgets, including ones for All About Symbian and The Phones Show.

Read on in the full article.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:57 AM

krizanand is on a distinguished road
Download stops inbetween

I am downloading this file from that link using Opera on Windows 7 PC with a stable connection(Not BB) so far the download has stopped twice and i have to resume it, even this happens when downloading it from my 5800's Podcast application, Steve wanted some data points, referring to last PSC chat, so that something can be done though i haven't mentioned any download speeds.

Thanks!

Old 10-05-2010, 11:49 AM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
Hmm... I'm downloading it now and am getting 150KB/sec, so about 1.4Mbps - seems ok today from the UK...

Old 10-05-2010, 01:03 PM

brendand is on a distinguished road
5am? That's some pretty good stamina Mr. Blandford - I fell asleep at 3pm at which point Labour were still ahead. Shouldn't have bothered waking up really...

Old 10-05-2010, 08:03 PM

Dazzy is on a distinguished road
I tried all day to download it to my phone and it was a no go.

Cant even stream it at the moment for whatever reason way to slow and not even buffering.

Old 11-05-2010, 11:13 AM
retho

I still have problems with the downloads from AAS. It all started months ago with the repeat problem. I don't have the repeat problems anymore. But the speed is not that good. It can get up to 100 KB/s, but just for seconds and that gets back to 10-20 or less. I don't event mind the speed that much (Symbian / Maemo can download in the background). The annoying thing is that the download stops all the time. I have to resume it 4-5 times per show (be it AAS podcast, PhonesShow or PhonesShowChat). And it's not my WLAN as the other podcasts are downloading without any issue (and at full speed).

As you say it works fine in UK, could you be that your servers are hosted by some provider that has a bad connection to the rest of Europe/World? I was trying on two different providers in Switzerland with very stable connections at 10/20Mbps.

Old 11-05-2010, 11:32 AM

gemikon is on a distinguished road
I downloaded in Greece a bit slowly but without any other problem. Next I downloaded a BBC podcast much faster
Ads