All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 15-10-2006, 05:09 AM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
The top 15 reasons to come to the AAS pub meet!

Fifteen reasons why you just have to pop along to the Crosse Keys on Monday night....

Read on in the full article.

Old 15-10-2006, 10:08 AM

juwlz is on a distinguished road
Question 0/15 found :-(

Has there been a glitch? I was planning to come, but I can't see any of the 15 reasons anywhere

Old 15-10-2006, 10:28 AM
Administrator

krisse is on a distinguished road
There was a glitch, it's fixed now.

Old 15-10-2006, 10:48 AM

Thumbs up Fixed

Thanks Krisse. Glad it wasn't just me having a blonde moment

Old 15-10-2006, 11:52 AM

elp is on a distinguished road
What about using this pub meet to really demonstrate what smartphone are capable of? I mean, many people here would like to come but can't for various reasons.

So what about one of you using http://www.comvu.com/ to broadcast live video of the event, another one of you installing the Apache web server and creating a small web page displaying all the pictures in the Gallery folder so that we can follow the event in pictures and yet another one setting up a photo blog and using one of these blogging software available for S60 to update it in real time. All of this over 3G of course.

After the event, we could then compare how each of these technologies worked and see what still needs to be tweaked and whether smartphones really hold their promizes.

That'd be quite cool, wouldn't it?

Old 15-10-2006, 01:17 PM

N/A is on a distinguished road
All valid reasons (except that I've already seen Ewan in a kilt + I suspect I might not be eligible for the prizes), so I'd come if I could (haven't been to any AAS pub meets yet despite hanging around here for a few years now), but unfortunately I'm in some other part of the world at that time.

Old 15-10-2006, 01:36 PM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
Well, I can't promise live video (I tend to use standard GPRS SIM accounts, sorry, very stoneage), but I will be photo blogging from both the meet and the show for AAS, along with taking video on the N93 for compiling a video report on both for my own Smartphones Show......

Thanks to krisse for fixing the post, I imagine my initial hyperlink didn't make it!!!

Steve Litchfield

Old 15-10-2006, 02:24 PM

dancarter is on a distinguished road
i am also attending the AAS meet this year (1st time). I am also reporting the Smartphone Show event via pictures and video for my own website, Today On 3G.

I will bring my camcorder along and get some video footage of the AAS meet and edit it that night.... add a few things so by Wednesday on the train journy home to Torquay (5 hours!) i can finish off the footage and post a link for all to see

Old 15-10-2006, 02:41 PM

Orophin Anwarunya is on a distinguished road
I'll be there aswell, my first time. I do hope it will be a good turnout cos' i'd hate to be one of just 5 people sitting around a silent table......especially since i may be the only black guy there.

|\__/|
( ^_^)
Ads

Old 16-10-2006, 07:55 AM

jah is on a distinguished road
Can't make the pub tonight but will be at the Smartphone Show tomorrow PM - would love to meet other people if you are around (will make sure my name badge say "JAH" !)

Old 16-10-2006, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orophin Anwarunya
I'll be there aswell, my first time. I do hope it will be a good turnout cos' i'd hate to be one of just 5 people sitting around a silent table......especially since i may be the only black guy there.
Well I count at least five of us already ... and could I be the only woman there?
If they're anything like the good old Psion ones (which is the closest thing to one of these that I've been to before), I don't think we'll be on our own.

Julie