All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 10-09-2007, 08:45 PM

Kikuyumoja is on a distinguished road
annoying multimedia menu => change?

Whenever I switch the phone's screen from portrait to landscape view, the multimedia menu comes up.
Steve brought the new 8GB on his latest show and during that presentation, it was visible that the 8GB only changes the view - and doesn't bug the user with a useless multimedia menu.

Imagine the scenario where you are switching from standby in potrait view into landscape to e.g. stop the media player. Now, before the player actually stops and/or reacts to the STOP keypress, it first of all loads this annoying multimedia menu. Also, I do not see any benefit of the menu and the resp. button except for that it starts the player when you press it for about 2 seconds.

I really hope that Nokia's firmware guys are doing something about the multimedia menu and maybe the release of the 8GB version will have a positive effect on further firmware developments of the 1.0 N95...

Old 10-09-2007, 10:25 PM

millski is on a distinguished road
I agree, the multimedia app thing is pointless. I wish you could tell an app to rotate anyway, even with the slider in portrait. That way you could use the number pad in Quake and whatnot. I tried the RotateMe program that's been knocking around but it doesn't seem to work on the N95 :(
Ads