All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 09-04-2009, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It would be a really gret phone, if IF IT WASN'T [S]AMSUNG. I won't ever touch any Samsung or LG, even though they are high-spec. Bulit quality it very bad, softwrewise they are also very bad... And don't even try to compare Samsung or LG camera with equally specified camera from other manufacturers... It's the same with standard cameras, guess why Samsung is so cheap?
Because they are poor and don't care about the detail, that's why I on't understand their aproach to preoim products.. leave it to Sony Ericsson and Nokia.
Hmm... I have a Samsung G810 (Symbian) phone in my hands right now and it's great. The build quality is excellent (it's brushed metal and plastic) and the software is just fine (it's bog standard S60 3rd edition FP1). All the S60 I throw at it works just fine, except for the Nokia specific stuff. And, even that will work if one's willing to hack a little bit. So, I really don't know what you're on about.

Old 18-04-2009, 04:43 AM

jonnybruha is on a distinguished road
Thank you, unreg, for confirming my hopes. I'm not foreign to the idea of hacking S60 devices and I'm glad to hear that even Nokia apps can be made to work with Samsung's hardware. Waiting for this phone just got that much harder.

Old 30-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

i seriously hope that h264 mkv format is supported, but if it isnt, i wonder if s60v5 is backwards compatible with s60v3 software because my version of Coreplayer is for s60v3...

Old 01-05-2009, 09:27 PM
This is cool

Slow Motion Video Recording

HD recording is 24FPS
D1 & SD recording is 30FPS

Anyone knows what's the fps for slow-motion?

I think we need a usb(to)hdmi cable for the HD video to play on a HDTV if the tv doesn't have DLNA(currently only samsung tvs have DLNA)

Old 17-06-2009, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

have owned several samsung phones and i currently have the tocco but am due an upgrade soon .its going to have to be samsung again and the new omnia sounds brilliant .nokia 5800 is good but lacks something

Old 18-06-2009, 04:18 AM

BxRayRayNY is on a distinguished road
Question (DEBATE) Omnia HD Vs N97, Please Help Me Choose.

I already Pre-order both and I have to cancel one of them before June 25th at least, because it supposedly ships out, and I can't afford both to be charge on my debit.

My Opinion:

For Now, My Vote Is The Omnia HD, why because it's something new to S60; 3D effects, TouchWiz Home screen, Camera Interface, Music player/ Album Covers, Menu Icons. Also the HD Video Recording Which I Know the audio sucks for now (I Hope), and The Oled Screen. (Think I'm Missing another New Feature). I'm tired of the plain old S60 to be honest with you, but at least Samsung Tweaked it a little. The N97 However has the same interface besides the N97 Live Widgets which was a good idea, and the web browsing which I now heard has Kinetic scrolling (I Now I'm really confuse which to pick.)
Also the N97 has the Full Hardware keyboard which was very smart, but everything else is basically the same. (Correct me if i'm wrong i Might have forgotten a New feature at the moment.

Overall You Get The Idea, so I'm confuse which to pick.

Pro's:

Omnia HD, Oled Screen, 720p HD Recording, Tweaked S60 Interface, Touchwiz, 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound...etc

N97- Full Hardware Keyboard, Live Widgets, 48 GB Max Storage (32 GB Onboard memory, Kinetic Scrolling, and Nokias Full Software Support (Firmware Updates)

Con's:

Omnia HD- No Hardware Keyboard, Video Recording Audio Sucks (For Now I Hope), No Kinetic Scrolling, and Bad Samsung support for Firmware Updates.

Nokia N97- Low Processor, No HD Recording, Same S60 Interface.\

What do you guys think is the better go? Besides the Hardware keyboard If It's a Needed Feature To You. ( I don't mind Not having a hardware keyboard)
What do you think it's the better phone? Pro's & Con's Please.

Ps. Do you think Samsung will support the Omnia HD Via Firmwares as Much as Nokia Does? Be Honest. This is what I'm afraid of in terms of the audio from the Video recording, the feature of the Kinetic scrolling, and other added features to improve the device, or Any bugs the device might have when shipped?

Please be detailed; Thanks. I really Appreciate it.
Ads

Old 27-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

Who is the manufacterer of the cam inside? Anyone knows?

Old 08-06-2010, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

Article video-calls vs fring

Hello,
1. Can someone tell me how to test and use the video-calls on omnia hd? - I don't know how to check whether that camera (for video calls) works
2. how to use (settings) video-skype calls via fring (right now only the skype calls are working but without video)
thx