All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 05-02-2003, 12:01 AM

Boeky is on a distinguished road
MMS and Internet bluetooth share.

Hi,

I share my pc's internet connection for quiete a while now.
I used an acces point called INET PC Sharing with the following settings:
Name: INET PC Sharing
Type: GPRS
Name accespoint: None
Username: None
Ask pw: NO
pw: **** (Standard)
Verification: Normal
IP-adress gateway: 0.0.0.0
Everything went well. I was able to use TipicMe and send and receive mails, surf the net and so on.

But yesterday i received an automatic confirmationmessage for MMS from my operator (Mobistar Belgium).
Now when i save this messag it creates an extra accespoint called Mobistar MMS. I configure my Multimedia-messages settings and yes finaly I can send MMS files.

BUT now all applications try to connect with these settings and of course it all fails! All applications and mailboxes have INET PC Share accespoint selected but they keep trying to connect with a regular GPRS connection instead of the "fake" Internet schare connection. Even when I delete the mobistar MMS acces point, they now keep trying to connect GPRS instead of my internet sharing :( How does this happen? Nothing works now. Sometimes, after deleting MMS mobistar accespoint and several reboots, Tipicme uses the INET PC Sharing connection but this doesn't happen much. All applications mostly try using regular GPRS connection even with the accespoint of mobistar deleted. Also manual configuration of MMS doesn't work.

What can I do about this? How can I use both connections at the same time (eg: INET PC Share connection fot TIPICME and mail and so on, and the Mobistar MMS accespoint for sending MMS messages only.)

Thanx alot,

Boeky.

Old 17-03-2003, 05:03 AM

scarborough is on a distinguished road
A Comparison between JustYak (www.justyak.com) and TipicME (www.tipic.com)

Have just download Tipic IM ver 1.2 beta on 7650 and tested it. I think
tipicME features like register new user, add/delete buddy, set icq,yahoo, etc all need
to be done by PC client. I even cannot exit the app. JustYak done everything on the phone , much better approach.

It is currently size is around 90Kbytes, much bigger than JustYak 65Kb, waste of precious memory.
Ads

Old 17-03-2003, 01:11 PM

tiger42 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarborough
Have just download Tipic IM ver 1.2 beta on 7650 and tested it. I think
tipicME features like register new user, add/delete buddy, set icq,yahoo, etc all need
to be done by PC client. I even cannot exit the app.
That's not true... All that can be done with TipicME on your phone. It is much more comfortable with the PC client though...