All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Links of Interest

Old 17-10-2008, 02:14 PM
ThisGuy

Cool The Irony.

Steve,
By removing the comment, you have diluted the forum yourself. There are about 16 comments on this article so far and about a third of them are about why you removed the comment. If Apocalypso was the first one to post, so be it. He is dedicated enough to your site that he reads the article early and was willing to make a post before anyone else did, the least you could do is to not censor it. I am a long time reader, S60 user, and fan of your site....but I was somewhat disappointed to see you censor a comment (no matter how childish it was). The ironic part about it is that when I realized you censored the comment, I had this chill run down my spine .....the feeling was similar to owning an Apple product and knowing that youre confined to what you can do.

I am sure you have a vision of what AAS should be and represent, and I just thought we were on the same page =( Anyways, keep up the good work!

Old 17-10-2008, 02:46 PM
Administrator

Tzer2 is on a distinguished road
Competition is always good for everyone, it makes quality higher, features better and prices lower. Whatever product you use, it will be better if it has serious competitors on a level playing field.

I don't think the more extreme tech fans realise this though, they seem to dream of a day when "their" product dominates the marketplace without realising this would actually lead to the product's manufacturer getting lazy.

Old 17-10-2008, 03:43 PM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
@Thisguy: Yep, quite right. If I'd realised how people would jump to apoc's defense, I wouldn't have bothered 8-)

Sigh. First time I've leapt in on a thread like this. Just that I don't like mindless abuse, profanity or stupidity.... Maybe I shouldn't be online at all 8-)

People also have to bear in mind that there are all sorts of other enforced rules here. No warez, no spamming, nothing illegal, etc. It's just that in this case the offending message was part of a high profile front page story rather than buried in the general forums.... A site with no posting rules and with warez and illegal hacks and swearing would be anarchy and potentially unpleasant...

Last edited by slitchfield; 17-10-2008 at 03:49 PM.
Ads

Old 17-10-2008, 06:18 PM
ltv

steve,
I was not trying to defend A. In fact i was not talking about him at all.
Anyways, never mind.
Good night/evening.

Old 17-10-2008, 07:43 PM

Orophin Anwarunya is on a distinguished road
looks like the rest of the internet is finally decending on the normaly squeaky clean AAS. Sorry steve, it was bound to happen and this iphone is nasty flame bait topic.

Hopefully the damage done isnt too bad, but i can see you now being labeled as a censor and AAS the same way buy internet politicians.

|\__/|
( ^_^)

Last edited by Orophin Anwarunya; 17-10-2008 at 07:58 PM.

Old 18-10-2008, 11:31 AM

Williamoni is on a distinguished road
Re the fuss about censorship. Frankly we all get worked up about things and especially the Iphone for some reason. I know I do. But we should be able to express ourselves without using bad language. Steve deserves some support on this.

Old 19-10-2008, 12:07 AM
Unregistered

@williamoni: agreed.why get so worked up over a phone.everybody has opinions and truth is none of us really gives a damn bout anybody else's but our own.you're doing a good job steve and any1 who disagrees can piss off.you got a choice.you dont like AAS?well dont read it.wanna comment?use some nice language n b civilised about it.