All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 20-10-2008, 05:43 PM

chepeliyas is on a distinguished road
Please Help! Expense Calendar memory issue

Hi, I have Expense Calendar installed in my N95-4, and all of sudden, it began to show the following message:

"Expense Calendar: Memory full. Close some applications and try again."

This message started to appear a few weeks ago, when I was trying to insert a new word using predictive text while creating a new expense, but when I switched the predictive text off, the message disappeared, and I was able to create the expense. But now, I can't even access the program, and the message appears when I try to open Expense Calendar.

The funny part is that the only application open is the standby, and that's all, but the message keeps on saying, that the memory is full.

What could be the problem? I thought it was something related with the predictive text file, but I erased it, and the problem is still there.

The other thing that comes to my mind, is that the memory problem got worse, after I installed the latest version of Mobitubia, but I installed the previous version last night, and I still can't access Expense Calendar.

Please, help.

Old 22-10-2008, 03:55 PM

I was thinking about reinstalling the app, but will this erase all the records I have entered?
Ads

Old 23-10-2008, 04:05 AM

I tried to reinstall the app, but I wasn't abe to do it, because I got an error message saying that the update went wrong or something.
I'm running out of options here.

Old 01-12-2008, 02:21 AM

osmadja is on a distinguished road
Memory full

Hello,

I have a similar problem with the default Symbian Calendar. In my case, it seems to be the number of events in my calendar (10500). Any body knows how to handle such a number of events ?

Thanks
Olivier

Old 01-12-2008, 04:01 AM

I couldn't fix my problem. I tried to reinstall the app, but I lost several months of date because of the software.
I think in your case, you should try to sync your data to Outlook or something and then do a hard reset, and then sync back again, in case you haven't tried that.
Or maybe you can try installing another calendar app, like best calendar, and maybe that way, you won't have the problem you mention.