All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 17-09-2009, 02:42 PM
Lutin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seft View Post
You need to get a signed copy of Opera Mini.
I solved this myself by downloading opera 5 mini through the phone. The first time I installed it I downloaded it to my computer, transferred it to the phone and then installed it. This method DID NOT give me the option to always allow .

I uninstalled it and then downloaded it on the phone by going to the opera website through the phone's browser. This then gives me the option to "Always allow" the first time that Opera connects to the net.

Old 17-09-2009, 03:48 PM

davekolmer is on a distinguished road
How to change speed dial sites?

I am totally impressed by the new Opera Mini 5...it's excellent. However, has anyone figured out how to change the sites on the "speed dial?" I haven't.

Old 17-09-2009, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

Sandy Kummar

Quote:
Originally Posted by davekolmer View Post
I am totally impressed by the new Opera Mini 5...it's excellent. However, has anyone figured out how to change the sites on the "speed dial?" I haven't.
You can actually change the sites on speed dial.There are two methods to do this.The simple one is to just select the website slot and then long press the select key from the D-pad, a pop up will appear with two options-Clear and Edit. The second one is to press 1 key from the keypad for the required slot and then the same pop up will appear with two options-Clear(to remove current site and replace with new one) and Edit(to modify current site url).You can even save usernames and passwords.However, the number of slots remain 9 and I don't know whether they can be increased or not.

Enjoy surfing on Opera.....
Ads

Old 17-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Lutin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You can actually change the sites on speed dial.There are two methods to do this.The simple one is to just select the website slot and then long press the select key from the D-pad, a pop up will appear with two options-Clear and Edit. The second one is to press 1 key from the keypad for the required slot and then the same pop up will appear with two options-Clear(to remove current site and replace with new one) and Edit(to modify current site url).You can even save usernames and passwords.However, the number of slots remain 9 and I don't know whether they can be increased or not.

Enjoy surfing on Opera.....
If you have a touchscreen phone then it's just a long press on the speed dial entry. This will bring up and option to "edit"

Old 17-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

I am extremely impressed with version 5. It is much more accurate and easier to click small links. And the kinetic scrolling is a little buggy but still very good on the 5800 since it has no kinetic scrolling anywhere else. So this is now my default browser full time.

Also the portrait keyboard is very impressive even though it seems cramped. Its so much more accurate than nokia's keyboard. Especially in landscape mode the opera keyboard is just much better implemented. It seems much smarter than the nokia one by just knowing which key i intended to press with my big fat thumbs. It really puts nokia to shame. And its a java app!

I love nokia phones, i'm a fanboy, but i want them to succeed and make good phone software. But they just keep disappointing me when really they have so much potential. What is their problem? What am i missing? Where is conversations threaded text for my 5800? I'm a little hopeful for kinetic scrolling to eventually come to the 5800 though.