All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

  #1  
Old 06-05-2007, 12:53 PM
jakaveli jakaveli is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4
jakaveli is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Unlocking Nokia N80(barred/stoled)

hi
i just got a nokia n80, which i suspect was lost/stolen. Anyway i was told in phone shops that it can't be unlocked(is that true?)
I checked on Ebay for codes as cheap as 1, but i read that these don't work on barred/stolen phones :(
So is there ANY way i can get to use the phone as a phone?
Thanks
J.

  #2  
Old 06-05-2007, 02:39 PM
bbracer16valver's Avatar
bbracer16valver bbracer16valver is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: stroud, gloucestershire
Posts: 249
bbracer16valver is on a distinguished road
nope

well you could highly illegal and fine of up to 5000

if i was you i would get onto the police OR STOP NICKING PEOPLES FONES AND EXPECTING THEM TO WORK WHEN BLACKLISTED!!
__________________
<a href="http://www.truphone.com/presence-click?username=bbracer16valver"><img src="http://www.truphone.com/presence?username=bbracer16valver" border="0" width="160" height="60" alt="Get Truphone"></a>

  #3  
Old 07-05-2007, 06:35 PM
Halon's Avatar
Halon Halon is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 377
Halon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakaveli View Post
hi
i just got a nokia n80, which i suspect was lost/stolen
As the owner of an N80 which was stolen and blacklisted I hope there isn't any way to unlock them. It's small comfort to think that the thief has nothing more than an expensive paperweight.

Oh, and if it was lost but you intend to keep it as your own then now it's stolen and I wish you no luck whatsoever in resolving your self-created problem.
Ads

  #4  
Old 09-05-2007, 02:18 PM
jakaveli jakaveli is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4
jakaveli is on a distinguished road
Smile reply

Oh, and if it was lost but you intend to keep it as your own then now it's stolen and I wish you no luck whatsoever in resolving your self-created problem.

For your information, because it seems outside the fabulous world of mobile phone,your knowledge of what constitutes theft or not is quite limited not to say inexistant,
i DID not steal this phone, i picked it up and tried everything that can be reasonably expected to find the owner. This having failed what am i supposed to do? Try to make use of it. Don't jump to conclusion and judge people without any knowledge however small of the true situation.
Having said that i hope u have a lot of pleasure in watching every new phone and scrutinizing the current ones with passion and joy.
warm regards,
J.

  #5  
Old 09-05-2007, 02:27 PM
bbracer16valver's Avatar
bbracer16valver bbracer16valver is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: stroud, gloucestershire
Posts: 249
bbracer16valver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakaveli View Post
[u][color="Red"]i picked it up and tried everything that can be reasonably expected to find the owner.
yet

wait dont get me wrong you never took it to a police station

so

if you get caught with it and there is any checks made you could well be/prolly without a doubt be done for handling stolen goods

so why not hand it what is not yours insted of begin a small minding jumped up twat!!
__________________
<a href="http://www.truphone.com/presence-click?username=bbracer16valver"><img src="http://www.truphone.com/presence?username=bbracer16valver" border="0" width="160" height="60" alt="Get Truphone"></a>

  #6  
Old 09-05-2007, 03:53 PM
Cash's Avatar
Cash Cash is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,476
Cash is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbracer16valver View Post
yet

wait dont get me wrong you never took it to a police station

so

if you get caught with it and there is any checks made you could well be/prolly without a doubt be done for handling stolen goods

so why not hand it what is not yours insted of begin a small minding jumped up twat!!
This is true, I assume that this N80 is reasonably new and probably still under warranty and insured, if not it would still be insured under the original owners house insurance, that being the case they would have to log it with the police as being lost or stolen (especially with network operator insurance) to make a claim and therefore the police would have a record of the owner in their database.

be a nice chap and take it to the cop shop ...
__________________
REMEMBER - If its too good to be true, it usually and probably is.....

  #7  
Old 09-05-2007, 05:06 PM
valerebel's Avatar
valerebel valerebel is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 41
valerebel is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Here, here..........you should take it to your nearest police station and let them trace the owner.

If after a given period they are unable to trace the owner, I believe that you can then claim the goods from the police and then and only then can it deemed to be yours! You know that this is the right thing to do.

What would you do if you found a car lying around outside your house for a month or two? Hotwire it and stick it in your garage, respray it and drive it about on false plates?

You know that it's not yours so hand it in.

After all this is not the right place to seek illegal advice, is it?

valerebel

  #8  
Old 10-05-2007, 12:59 AM
Halon's Avatar
Halon Halon is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 377
Halon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakaveli View Post
For your information, because it seems outside the fabulous world of mobile phone,your knowledge of what constitutes theft or not is quite limited not to say inexistant
I know I checked for mine regularly at the police station, fortunately this wasn't too inconvenient as I work there, if you catch my drift.

Anyway, my understanding of the Theft Act is that property must be obtained dishonestly with the intention to permanently deprive the owner of it in order for it to be stolen. However, an assumption by another of the rights of the owner (for instance, trying to remove a deliberately placed block on a lost or stolen mobile phone) amounts to a dishonest appropriation even if the property has been obtained innocently in the first instance, eg, finding it. So, at the moment the finder decides to keep it as their own it becomes stolen. Then again, I may be a tad rusty after 18 years.

You'll excuse me if I'm a bit miffed as the phone you have could be the very one I've been looking for. Unlikely as that is, it does belong to someone, who is no doubt looking for it.

Last edited by Halon; 10-05-2007 at 11:39 PM.

  #9  
Old 10-05-2007, 08:06 AM
peter7769 peter7769 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 62
peter7769 is on a distinguished road
Dont be a fool and take it to the Police Station, and hopefully you will feel better for doing a good deed in this world of thieves, muggers, rapist's!!!

  #10  
Old 12-05-2007, 01:28 PM
jakaveli jakaveli is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4
jakaveli is on a distinguished road
Smile wow..

ROBNASH : no u're not rusty at all, maybe kuz the law didnt change a big deal in that area. Obviously had i done what a reasonable man would have done to try and find the owner and failed, then only would i be able to keep the lost property.
Anyway, little did i suspect that this would have sparked so many comments. I don't mind admitting that i am moved by this display of honestly, and even humanity. Having said that, i think that fate did take care of things. I was moving to another house yesterday, and someone(probably one of the hired guys) nicked the phone!!! I had to laugh at myself, and the whole irony...
I will nonetheless bear on mind all ofu guys' advice in mind.
later
J.

  #11  
Old 14-05-2007, 02:36 PM
6six6 6six6 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: california
Posts: 69
6six6 is on a distinguished road
to unlock your n80

read this page

i unlocked my n70 and n80

works 100%

http://w*w.phone-tools.cn/forums/showthread.php?t=11910

  #12  
Old 14-05-2007, 11:49 PM
mak11 mak11 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3
mak11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnash View Post
I know I checked for mine regularly at the police station, fortunately this wasn't too inconvenient as I work there, if you catch my drift.

Anyway, my understanding of the Theft Act is that property must be obtained dishonestly with the intention to permanently deprive the owner of it in order for it to be stolen. However, an assumption by another of the rights of the owner (for instance, trying to remove a deliberately placed block on a lost or stolen mobile phone) amounts to a dishonest appropriation even if the property has been obtained innocently in the first instance, eg, finding it. So, at the moment the finder decides to keep it as their own it becomes stolen. Then again, I may be a tad rusty after 18 years.

You'll excuse me if I'm a bit miffed as the phone you have could be the very one I've been looking for. Unlikely as that is, it does belong to someone, who is no doubt looking for it.
Assuming you're in the uk (sorry if you're not) but if you are you need to sort out your nic mate.
It's called "theft by finding" in the uk.
Fair enough the guy kept it after finding it but to go on a forum and try to get it unlocked is taking the piss somewhat lmao

  #13  
Old 18-05-2007, 10:27 AM
dchky's Avatar
dchky dchky is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Asia
Posts: 278
dchky is on a distinguished road
Why do you people insist on posting utter crap. You did NOT unlock your N80, the recently released software you linked to is incapable of doing it.

The BB5 calculator will theoretically generate the codes for all current bb5 phones, but you sure as hell cannot create the log files at this point in time for the N80.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 6six6 View Post
read this page

i unlocked my n70 and n80

works 100%

removed

  #14  
Old 20-05-2007, 04:01 PM
jakaveli jakaveli is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4
jakaveli is on a distinguished road
burning .
wats the coolest thing about a mobile?
in a line.

  #15  
Old 20-05-2007, 04:53 PM
Nigma Nigma is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 131
Nigma is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakaveli View Post
burning .
wats the coolest thing about a mobile?
in a line.
When a mobile phone is stolen, the network has the ability to remotely bar and lock the device. Pretty cool eh?
 

Bookmarks

Tags
n80barred or stoled, nokia, unlocking

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[HOT][NEW] N80 RM-92 IE APAC PR v15.00 SW4.0632.0.38 juato4 Nokia N80 176 25-04-2007 03:19 PM



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:07 AM.


vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Notes || Contact Us || Privacy Policy