All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 12-09-2007, 02:52 PM

pa49 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waxup View Post
A. You cannot charge your Nokia N95 through the mini USB port on the phone itself. B. You can use USB from your PC to the power adapter of the N95 to power the battery. C. Aftermarket chargers may not charge a battery from a dead state and they may not fully charge the battery to a full battery state. D. This is because of the mah ratings of the aftermarket chargers being 500mah and the Nokia needing 800mah to initiate charging on a drained battery.
A. I think superswede said this on 17.08.07.
B. I think superswede said this on 17.08.07.
C & D. I think I said this on 24.08.07.

Old 12-09-2007, 02:55 PM

Quote:
You cannot charge your Nokia N95 through the mini USB port on the phone itself. You can use USB from your PC to the power adapter of the N95 to power the battery. Aftermarket chargers may not charge a battery from a dead state and they may not fully charge the battery to a full battery state. This is because of the mah ratings of the aftermarket chargers being 500mah and the Nokia needing 800mah to initiate charging on a drained battery.
Hasn't all that been said already?

Old 12-09-2007, 02:57 PM

waxup is on a distinguished road
Yes it has, and apparently people continue to still ask the same questions that keep getting the same answers. I now understand "the circle of life."

And sometimes people will take the information from multiple posts and summarize in one post to make it easier to find all the data needed for a specific outcome. Hence this post.
Ads

Old 12-09-2007, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Yes it has, and apparently people continue to still ask the same questions that keep getting the same answers. I now understand "the circle of life."

And sometimes people will take the information from multiple posts and summarize in one post to make it easier to find all the data needed for a specific outcome. Hence this post.
But what's the point of doing this in the same thread which supposedly all will have read by the time you post?

Old 12-09-2007, 03:22 PM

waxup is on a distinguished road
What answer are you looking for? I have some questions of my own for you: What is it that you are trying to accomplish here? Why are you dragging this topic on and on?

Most people I know usually jump to the end of a discussion and work backwards after reading the first post of a topic. They do this to find the answer or solution, which is usually near the end of the discussion.

So does it not make sense to summarize the discussion so it's easy to find your answer or solution in one spot? Other ways of doing this are by creating FAQ sections on forums that contain the most frequently asked questions and the best answer/solution to that question. Unfortunately we don't have that for this particular issue so I've summarized it at the end, which is now the middle after you've had the notion to continue to question my motive.

Old 12-09-2007, 05:17 PM

Quote:
What answer are you looking for? I have some questions of my own for you: What is it that you are trying to accomplish here? Why are you dragging this topic on and on?

Most people I know usually jump to the end of a discussion and work backwards after reading the first post of a topic. They do this to find the answer or solution, which is usually near the end of the discussion.

So does it not make sense to summarize the discussion so it's easy to find your answer or solution in one spot? Other ways of doing this are by creating FAQ sections on forums that contain the most frequently asked questions and the best answer/solution to that question. Unfortunately we don't have that for this particular issue so I've summarized it at the end, which is now the middle after you've had the notion to continue to question my motive.
1. I wanted to know the reason for answering a question that had already been answered in this thread (and in many other threads)
2. If I want to continue 'dragging this topic on and on' I will.
3. Summarising the discussion thread may (or may not) be a good idea and in this regard I look forward to your summarising and re-summarising in all new threads.
4. The best way forward for any new query is by way of a forum search as many topics (this one included) are usually already extensively covered.