All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 13-02-2009, 12:48 PM

nitro fan is on a distinguished road
Question Expired Certificate

Almost every time I try to install Trial SW from Handango I get the following message on the handset "Expired certificate!" anyone have any idea what is going on ?

Old 13-02-2009, 01:50 PM

ccraig is on a distinguished road
i have same kind of problem except its every single app out there what it says it on
only thing i can install is iplayer lol
even nokias own recomendations from download app wont install ,
great 1st 1 hour i'm having with it NOT lol

Old 13-02-2009, 05:50 PM

aktotyt is on a distinguished road
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro fan View Post
Almost every time I try to install Trial SW from Handango I get the following message on the handset "Expired certificate!" anyone have any idea what is going on ?
Oh,that is a very little problem
Just change your year to one back,if it doesnt work one more

Old 13-02-2009, 07:03 PM

coffeecat is on a distinguished road
I had this problem (not initially, but after a few days). Couldn't even install Adobe PDF reader or anything.

A quick google found it seemed to be a common bug on the 5800, and the best advice (albeit NOT guaranteed to work...) was to do a kind've hard reset back to factory settings.

eg: http://www.walkernews.net/2009/01/20...-installation/

For me, this has (so far) fixed the problem, although it was a huge PITA because then I had to spend a couple of hours "rebuilding" my phone in terms of settings, profiles, themes, software etc etc.

Oh, and changing the clock date is almost guaranteed NOT to work.

It's a weird bug because quite a few people seem to have it, but presumably many many more people don't have it.

CC

Old 14-02-2009, 12:42 AM

ccraig is on a distinguished road
formatting don't change a thing guys ,that was 1st thing i tried before writing earlier post
the not being able to install anything at all seems to be a UK variant problem only and i just found out from Cal on ngage site he had same problem and only way to solve it is by selecting a different location to UK ,he says it works if u format then choose hong kong .
this is a bug effecting ppl selecting UK as there location it seems ,
all the ppl reporting this bug on nokia discussions site all have a UK variant with product code 0575581 same as me

Last edited by ccraig; 14-02-2009 at 12:46 AM.

Old 15-02-2009, 01:59 PM

Unhappy

I have tried the following:

Updating the Firmware from V11.0.008 to V11.0.009
Reset the phone to factory settings

But I still have the Expired Certificates problem.

What do we do? emailing the support section of the Nokia site elicits nothing more helpful than a standard template email reply.

So it is clear that Nokia are NOT only not reading any of the emails Nokia are clearly NOT interested in solving the problem, and I thought Sony Ericsson were bad

My next port of call is going to be T-Mobile as they supplied the phone, What is everyone else doing?

Old 15-02-2009, 04:28 PM

coffeecat is on a distinguished road
If I were a developer, I'd be thinking twice about investing in developing software for S60 5th / the 5800, if some big chunk of the potential customer base would never buy my products because their (so called smart) phones were actually incapable of installing any new software.

I can't believe Nokia can let this one go on for long...!

CC

Old 21-02-2009, 02:11 PM

fikhl is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
I had this problem (not initially, but after a few days). Couldn't even install Adobe PDF reader or anything.

A quick google found it seemed to be a common bug on the 5800, and the best advice (albeit NOT guaranteed to work...) was to do a kind've hard reset back to factory settings.

eg: http://www.walkernews.net/2009/01/20...-installation/

For me, this has (so far) fixed the problem, although it was a huge PITA because then I had to spend a couple of hours "rebuilding" my phone in terms of settings, profiles, themes, software etc etc.

Oh, and changing the clock date is almost guaranteed NOT to work.

It's a weird bug because quite a few people seem to have it, but presumably many many more people don't have it.

CC
Thanks for the tip man! I'll try it and hopefully it'd work!
EDIT: It worked! A huge thanks to allaboutsymbian community! and shame on you Nokia...

Last edited by fikhl; 21-02-2009 at 07:23 PM.

Old 22-02-2009, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fikhl View Post
Thanks for the tip man! I'll try it and hopefully it'd work!
EDIT: It worked! A huge thanks to allaboutsymbian community! and shame on you Nokia...
Hi I actually got a call back from a genuine techie at Nokia

(albeit a week after I wrote to them and had the moron from the black lagoon tell me that ALL 5800 handsets were faulty and needed to be returned to a Nokia service centre when he simply could not understand enough English to grasp my problem!)

He told me to do a full reset but made it very clear "You MUST be certain to re-enter ALL the location and time information" this solved the certificate problem but NOT the clock losing time problem!
This tells me there is a fundamental problem with the timing system of the phone. I hope this can be solved with a FW update and its not a hardware fault in the CPU

Old 15-11-2009, 03:15 PM

wolfy1 is on a distinguished road
cert expired

just thought i'd let you know the sony erricson has this prolem also. cannot install anything i've signed. tried format and remove memory card,time date settings, cannot change location of phone or turn it on without sim card in..stumped..

Old 20-02-2009, 04:47 PM

I am stunned, not only did Nokia get a Techie to call me the advice he gave me WORKED! I can now install applications.

this is what I was advised to do:

1. Do a backup to the memory card via file manager
2. then type in the following code *#7370# (you will need the unlock code 12345)
3. the phone will reset
4. When the phone restarts you MUST set up the Time Zone- Location- etc

Worked a treat for me