All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 25-10-2009, 12:04 PM

jdushe is on a distinguished road
E72 Delayed

Carphone Warehouse site is saying only expected Jan 2010. Original press release said late Q3 2009.
Ads

Old 27-10-2009, 05:57 AM

Sizzers is on a distinguished road
As it would not be unreasonable to assume that the intended launch version would have been running virtually identical software as the E52/55, they have obviously concluded that they cannot afford a third disaster on their hands. Potential build issues are another area to consider too. Although the outer frame is made from steel as opposed to aluminium it should, theoretically, be possible to make the fit "tighter", the soft key arrangement around the D-pad is exactly the same as the E52/55 which does not inspire me with much confidence. Tread warily!

Old 05-11-2009, 10:43 PM

andreas81 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzers View Post
As it would not be unreasonable to assume that the intended launch version would have been running virtually identical software as the E52/55, they have obviously concluded that they cannot afford a third disaster on their hands. Potential build issues are another area to consider too. Although the outer frame is made from steel as opposed to aluminium it should, theoretically, be possible to make the fit "tighter", the soft key arrangement around the D-pad is exactly the same as the E52/55 which does not inspire me with much confidence. Tread warily!

I am unaware of any issues, software or hardware, regarding e52 (or 75 for that matter but never did read much about that one). Also the previews of the e72 has so far have been nothing but complimentary, you make it sound like this is being delayed for obvious faults with the phone. I am personally unsure why it's delayed, but I can only imagine it's for the better, and will insure an even better phone will be launched once it arrives.

No doubt in my mind this one is gonna rock, and I'm 90% sure I'll get it, only thing that has me slightly doubting is it's small display (they upgraded all the other goodies, why couldnt they do the same with the display size...)

// Andreas

Old 06-11-2009, 11:49 AM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Yes I've been very happily using an E55 without any problems.

It maybe that Nokia are going to direct stocks to different countries at different times. As far I know it still on for the end of this month.

Nokia do seem to have a new trend of delaying devices a little in order to get them out in a better states (see also N900).

Old 14-11-2009, 05:52 PM

nwhitfield is on a distinguished road
The E72 is in the Nokia shop in London - I think they said they got it in there yesterday. Feels quite nice, but I'm still torn between that and the E55; the optical navi key works pretty well on the 72, but I'm not sure if the keys are a bit small for me.

The keys on the E55 are a better size, but we (me and three or four of the assistants in the store) simply couldn't work out how to produce a comma when using predictive text, other than calling up the symbol screen, and frankly that's enough to put me off.