All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

  #1  
Old 03-10-2006, 09:16 PM
Olly Olly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 116
Olly is on a distinguished road
Question Need To Flash N80 For Tomtom 6?

Is this really necessary? I have read that I need to flash to 4.0623 for Tomtom 6 to work correctly...anyone running tt6 on v3 firmware?

  #2  
Old 03-10-2006, 09:25 PM
nj7's Avatar
nj7 nj7 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: EU
Posts: 3,747
nj7 is on a distinguished road
Yes, must be...

  #3  
Old 03-10-2006, 09:45 PM
Draaki Draaki is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7
Draaki is on a distinguished road
I had my N80 flashed today at the Carphone Warehouse, as its on Vodaphone they would only flash it with the latest Vodaphone version which turned out to be version 3.0617.0.6
03-05-2006
rm-92
Nokia N80 (42.02)

I put the TT6 files on my memory card but when I put the card in my phone it doesnt show up unless I go look in file manager for it and then most of the files have a blue circle with a question mark in it next to them. If I try to open those files it says its unable to.

Is this because I dont have version 4?
Ads

  #4  
Old 03-10-2006, 09:53 PM
dez_borders dez_borders is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,684
dez_borders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draaki
I had my N80 flashed today at the Carphone Warehouse, as its on Vodaphone they would only flash it with the latest Vodaphone version which turned out to be version 3.0617.0.6
03-05-2006
rm-92
Nokia N80 (42.02)

I put the TT6 files on my memory card but when I put the card in my phone it doesnt show up unless I go look in file manager for it and then most of the files have a blue circle with a question mark in it next to them. If I try to open those files it says its unable to.

Is this because I dont have version 4?
no, tomtom works on v3 FW but isnt very reliable with bluetooth gps connections so thats why v4 FW is highly recommended

theres 2 mistakes you may have made with your memory card installing tomtom

1. You may have copied the windows pda
version instead of the symbian version

2. You may have only copied part of the application on to the card because your pc is not setup to show hidden & system files

hope this info helps

Last edited by dez_borders; 03-10-2006 at 09:57 PM.

  #5  
Old 03-10-2006, 10:17 PM
Olly Olly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 116
Olly is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dez_borders
1. You may have copied the windows pda
version instead of the symbian version
I have a version that works on an E61 (TomTom 6 for Symbian 9.1 (S60 3rd)) it seems I cant install it via pc suite, looks like I need a card reader....

Last edited by Olly; 03-10-2006 at 10:38 PM.

  #6  
Old 03-10-2006, 10:48 PM
Draaki Draaki is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7
Draaki is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the information dez_borders :-)

I checked the version that I am trying to use and it is for Symbian, it even has the Nokia application icon. I can use the installer file when I go look for it in file manager, it gets so far then says it cant install and gives up. Many of the files still have the blue dot with the question mark in it next to them.

I have been extracting the folder direct to the memory card from the rar. file.

  #7  
Old 03-10-2006, 11:19 PM
mob453 mob453 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 138
mob453 is on a distinguished road
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.1; U; en-us) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413 es60)

Using v3 and tt6, causes application lock ups.

  #8  
Old 04-10-2006, 07:05 AM
dez_borders dez_borders is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,684
dez_borders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draaki
Thanks for the information dez_borders :-)

I checked the version that I am trying to use and it is for Symbian, it even has the Nokia application icon. I can use the installer file when I go look for it in file manager, it gets so far then says it cant install and gives up. Many of the files still have the blue dot with the question mark in it next to them.

I have been extracting the folder direct to the memory card from the rar. file.
Should have worked OK extracting from a RAR. Nokia Installer should automatically install the app when you pujt the card back into the phone, you shouldn't need to run an installer .SIS file. Can you see the install file in Nokia App Manager in the phone tools?

Did you use a card reader or PC Suite to copy the files? I don't think PC Suite will write to hidden folders like SYS

Last edited by dez_borders; 04-10-2006 at 07:08 AM.

  #9  
Old 04-10-2006, 08:56 AM
Draaki Draaki is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7
Draaki is on a distinguished road
Many thanks for your help Dez_Borders, I moved all the contents of the folders into the root of the memory card and it worked

  #10  
Old 04-10-2006, 09:38 AM
sm1thson sm1thson is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 189
sm1thson is on a distinguished road
i have had no problems with tt6 on v3.0618.0.2 and a bt77, there is a thread somewhere but i cant find it right now. basically some have problems, others dont, but V4 is the way to go and n80 is listed on nokias software upgrade site ting now.
 

Bookmarks

Tags
flash, n80, tomtom

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nokia licenses Macromedia Flash Lite for Series 60 Rafe Series 60 8 21-03-2008 11:49 AM
Someone helps me flash N80 to v4 pleaseee leonhuynh2006 Nokia N80 1 28-08-2006 03:52 PM
N80 Camera Flash Setting ajw107 Nokia N80 4 30-07-2006 10:05 PM
Flash Player N80?? surfshag Nokia N80 2 08-07-2006 09:42 PM
Where can I find the firmware to flash my N80 into simplefied Chinese? funkyegg Nokia N80 0 02-07-2006 03:53 PM



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:08 AM.


vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Notes || Contact Us || Privacy Policy