All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 20-02-2005, 03:33 AM
wylun

help! can some one just help me? about sis. file?

i hv found some software and i had download it....but why those file consider sis. file? it means i cant use it? or how? can someone help me? i dono how 2 use those sis. file.... y mostly everythings from the internet also sis. file? (eg: themes, software) all also in sis. file....can some one help? and can someone post me a few web page of getting free software for 6260?

Old 20-02-2005, 05:39 AM

sedated is on a distinguished road
An SIS file is a Symbian installation file. Most applications, themes, games, etc for your phone will probably be packaged as one of these files. Symbian is the operating system on your phone. You can use Nokia PC Suite to install the .sis file onto your phone, or you can just send the file to your phone then open it on there and it will install the application. To do this you will need a connection from your computer to the phone using bluetooth, infrared, or a cable.

Hope this helps.
Ads