All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 07-04-2005, 09:55 PM

Samezrp is on a distinguished road
problem after restoring data

Yesterday my phone was in service, they changed soft to 5.27. After all, I've restored phone from backup (by PC Suite), to have my old settings etc.
But - what a stupid soft and me - I've choosen 'Yes' when it asked me about repleacing files. During restore, I've realized, that this soft, replaces files in c:\system\bootdata, after that phone gone crazy.
I've tried to make soft, and hard format, finaly phone works, but I can use only phone. All buttons exept numeric, # and * ones don't want to work. I can't get into, and switch on BT or IrDA, so I can't make restore to clear settings (I've made backup before restoring).
Have you any idea, what can I do without contacting a service?
Best.

Old 08-04-2005, 05:22 AM

N/A is on a distinguished road
A full reformat (power off, the geen+3+* pressed down and power on while keeping the keys down) should absolutely clear everything that a restored backup would have restored, unless the problem is caused by something on your memory card.

So, try removing the MMC to see what happens.

If it doesn't help, reformat as above (it will reformat the writable C-drive) and all traces of your restored backup should be gone.

Old 08-04-2005, 09:06 AM

Samezrp is on a distinguished road
[So, try removing the MMC to see what happens.]

thanks!
It helped! I've got MMC card reader, so I can find out, what it is on my card that couses this behaviuor.
Thanks again.
Ads