All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 15-05-2008, 10:39 AM

lunny68 is on a distinguished road
N73, Voadfone and Email

First post, so please be gentle with me!

I have just inhertited an N73 from my better half (unclocked) and wondered whether I can set it up to receive email?

My contract is with Vodafone and my email is with Orange.

thanks,

Dave
Ads

Old 22-05-2008, 12:07 PM

techgirl is on a distinguished road
Hi Lunny68,

Id be happy to help you to get your N73 set up for email.

Before we start with the email configuration guide you'd first need to make sure you can access the internet on your handset.

If you can't access the internet simply follow the guide below to configure it, if you can go onto the next guide which will talk you through the email set up. I'm sorry it's a bit long!

Internet set up guide- Please note that this set up might be slightly different is your using a non Vodafone Branded device.

1. From the main display press the Menu key to enter the main menu.
2. Scroll to Tools and press the centre of the navigation key to Select it
3. Stay on Settings and press the centre of the navigation key to Select it
4. Scroll to Connection and press the centre of the navigation key to Select it
5. Stay on Access Points and press the centre of the navigation key to Select it
6. Press Options and scroll to New access point and press the left select key under Select.
7. Scroll to Use default settings and press the left select key under Select.
8. At Connection name, press the centre key to select and enter a new name for your profile i.e. Vodafone WAP and press the left select key under OK.
9. Scroll to Data bearer and press the centre key to select
10. Stay on Packet data and press the left select key under Ok.
11. Scroll to Access point name and press the centre key to select and enter: for Contract internet for Pay As You Talk: pp.vodafone.co.uk and press the left select key under Ok.
12. Scroll to User name and press the centre key and enter wap and press the left select key under Ok.
13. Scroll to Prompt password and press the centre key to select, scroll to No and press the left select key under Ok.
14. Scroll to Password and press the centre key to select and enter wap and press the left select key under Ok.
15. Scroll to Authentication and press the centre key to toggle and select Normal and press the left select key under Ok.
16. Scroll to Homepage and press the centre key to select, and after the http:// enter live.vodafone.com and press the left select key under Ok.
17. Press the left select key under Options, scroll to Advanced settings and press the left select key under Select.
18. Scroll to Proxy server address and press the centre of the navigation key to Select it and enter 212.183.137.012 and press the left select key under Ok.
19. Scroll to Proxy port number, press the centre of the navigation key to Select it and enter 8799 and press the left select key under Ok.
20. Press the red end key to return to the idle screen
21. Scroll to Services (World Globe icon) and press the centre of the navigation key to select it, if you get the message "Connection to server needed. Connect? Press No.
22. Press Options.
23. Scroll to Settings and press the centre of the navigation key to Select it
24. Stay on Access point and press the centre of the navigation key to Select it
25. Press Ok to the next screen
26. Scroll down to your new profile i.e. Vodafone WAP and press the centre of the navigation key to activate it
27. Press the red end key to return to the idle screen

Email set up guide.

1. From the main display press the Menu key to enter the main menu.
2. Scroll to Tools and press the left select key under Select
3. Scroll to Settings and press the left select key under Select
4. Scroll to Connection and press the left select key under Select
5. Stay on Access Points and press the left select key under Select
6. Press Options and scroll to New access point and press the left select key under Select.
7. Scroll to Use Default settings and press the left select key under Select.
8. At Connection name will be highlighted, press the centre key to select
9. Enter a new name for your profile i.e. Vodafone Internet and press the left select key under OK.
10. Scroll to Access point name and press the centre key to select and enter: for Contract wap.vodafone.co.uk for Pay As You Talk: pp.vodafone.co.uk and press the left select key under Ok.
11. Scroll to User name and press the centre key to select and enter web and press the left select key under Ok.
12. Scroll to Prompt password and press the centre key to select
13. Scroll to No and press the left select key under Ok.
14. Scroll to Password and press the centre key to select and enter web and press the left select key under Ok.
15. Scroll to Authentication and press the centre key to toggle and select normal
16. Select Normal and press the left select key under Ok.
17. Press the left select key under Options, scroll to Advanced settings and press the left select key under Select.
18. Network type should be set at Ipv4 if not press the centre key toggle and select it
19. Phone IP address should be set at automatic if not press the centre key toggle and select it
20. Name servers should be set at automatic if not press the centre key toggle and select it
21. Scroll down to Proxy server address and press the centre key to select and enter 212.183.137.012 and press the left select key under Ok.
22. Scroll to Proxy port number and press the centre key to select and enter 8799 and press the left select key under Ok.
23. Press the right select key under Back twice.
24. From the main display press the Menu key to enter the main menu.
25. Scroll to Messaging and press the centre key to select
26. The Messaging screen will be displayed, press the left select key under Options.
27. Scroll to Settings and press the left select key under Select.
28. Scroll to E-Mail and press the centre key to select
29. Mailboxes will be highlighted, and press the centre key to select
30. If none have been defined you will get the error No mailbox defined. Define now, and press the left select key under yes.
31. The Mailbox wizard now pops up; press the left select key under Start.
32. At Mailbox Type scroll to IMAP4 or POP3 and press the centre key to select, press the left select key under Next.
33. At Mailbox name will be highlighted, and press the centre key to select
34. At My email address and press the centre key to select and enter your email address (i.e. john.smith@vodafone.net) and press the left select key under Next. Note: press the 1 key once to get a full stop and six times to get the @ symbol
35. At Incoming Mail Server enter the incoming mail server provided by the email provider (for Vodafone Mail enter imap.vodafone.net for Vodafone Mail, click here to see some common providers settings) and press the left select key under Next.
36. At Outgoing Server for Vodafone Mail enter send.vodafone.net and press the left select key under Next.
37. Scroll to Create New and press the Centre key and press the left select key under Next.
38. Connection name and press the Centre key to select. Enter Vodafone web and press the left select key under Ok.
39. Scroll to Data bearer and press the Centre key to select
40. Packet data will be highlighted, press the left select key under Ok.
41. Scroll to Access point name and press the Centre key to select and enter: For Contract - internet for Pay As You Talk - pp.vodafone.co.uk Press the left select key under Ok.
42. Scroll to User name and press the Centre key to select, enter web and press the left select key under Ok.
43. Scroll to Prompt password and press the Centre key to select No
44. Scroll to Password and press the Centre key to select, enter web and press the left select key under Ok.
45. Scroll to Authentication and press the Centre key to select Normal
46. Press the right select key under Back.
47. At Mailbox name enter a name for the account and press the left select key under Finish

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Techgirl
Vodafone UK